Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Week 10

I ran this morning! I'm so proud of myself. (Although the real reason was that I couldn't bare to turn the TV on at the gym. Good luck America, I didn't vote for him). Since the Army 10 Miler, I have just been running on the weekends and going to the gym during the week. I'm trying to increase my running ever so slightly, aiming for one weekday run and one on the weekends. I went on a beautiful run this weekend through Northwestern University's campus. One week too early because the Buckeyes will be there this weekend, oh well!

My week 9 picks were pretty pathetic, my boyfriend beat me, therefore I have no control over the television remote. Thank god the Greek season finale was last week!

Without further ado, my week 10 picks:
Denver @ Cleveland - I'm going with my new favorite AFC team! Go Brady!

New Orleans @ Atlanta - Going with the home team since this is almost a dead even match-up

Tennessee @ Chicago - I was really torn on this pick, since Tennessee was neck-in-neck with Green Bay at home last week and now they are away. I also have worried about Rex Grossman, but my BFF has convinced me to go with the home team, "Tennessee doesn't really have any tapes out on Grossman for this year its like the first game of the season in a way...he has it in him, h just has to show up"

Jacksonville @ Detroit - The jags should really be so much better, they are going into Detroit to win it.

Baltimore @ Houston - Now that I'm a browns fan, I really hate the former browns.

Seattle @ Miami - Way to turn it around Miami!

Green Bay @ Minnesota - I'm still a cheesehead!

Buffalo @ New England - The bills have disappointed me all season, sorry Courtney.

St. Louis @ NY Jets - New York fans now understand the roller coaster ride that is being a Brett fan... 12 interceptions, but he is still winning games.

Carolina @ Oakland - Do I really need an explanation here?!

Indy @ Pittsburgh - Indy has a lot to play for and Benny boy is out, but I'm still going with the home team, the stealers are looking pretty good... guess I shouldn't say that as a browns fan.

KC @ San Diego - Not much to discuss here, SD is favored by 15.

Giants @ Philly - Time to end all the excitement in the city of brotherly love.

San Fran @ Arizona - Cardinals are sitting pretty on top of a horrible division.
total points: 47


A little college football commentary
For the first time this season, all the college football teams I root for are ranked... let's see if they can keep it up. I'm personally a little concerned about Alabama being #1 this early, but since none of the ESPN writers expect them to be in the National Championship, that takes a little pressure off.

1 comment:

Sara_J said...

Just discovered this! Glad to see you picked the Bears.

And I'm going to be unveiling a new blog soon so stay tuned... :)