Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Football

I don't have any upcoming races so I thought I would change it up a bit and talk about football.

Through week 8 of the NFL, I am 77-39 with my picks. I won week 7 of my pool, with one wrong pick, but correctly guessing the score of the Monday night game. This has gone to my head a bit. I feel like I have some authority on football picks now, even though it's totally luck. Anyway, I'm going to start posting my weekly picks here for the remainder of the season, with some added commentary.

Without further ado, here are my week 9 picks (additional commentary provided by JoJo):

NTJ @ Buffalo - "..after last week with Miami destroying them I think they are looking for blood" - J. I agree 100% and will also add that Brett should not have won last week the way he was playing.

Detroit @ Chicago - I cannot stand the trash talk from the Lions QB last year. Still bitter.

Jacksonville
@ Cincinnati - Every time Garrard throws a TD, Crohn's & Colitis gets $10,000.

Baltimore @ Cleveland - Are they finally starting to play like they did last year?

Tampa Bay
@ KC - "Jon Gruden instills the fear of god into his team" - J

Houston @ Min - Minnesota is favored by 4.5 and at home, I think this may be my upset pick of the week, if you can even call it that.

Arizona @ St. Louis - This game could go either way if you ask me, so I default to the home team.

Green Bay @ Tennessee - I am a huge huge huge, GB fan, but to make it more interesting this week, I'm going against them in my picks. Then it's win/win for me.

Miami @ Denver - Mascot pick: Broncos beat Dolphins.

Dallas @ NYG - "Dallas had high hopes but they have fallen apart i would def. take Giants" -J

Atl @ Oakland - Atlanta is a great city. I really got nothing here.

Philly @ Seattle - "Seahawks put on a nice show but Westbrook is back so eagles might pick it up a notch." -J

New England @ Indy - I think Indy is looking for redemption over their loss last week to the Titans...

Monday: Pittsburgh @ Washington - I have a DC drivers license and a redskins loving boyfriend, so why not!
Total Points: 42 - no rhyme or reason

College football update:
Buckeyes and Terps are off this weekend... so the Tide gets my undivided attention on Saturday. Wait, when did I become a 'bama fan. Crazy! Love that Leigh Tiffin.
and finally... a baseball update:
For your viewing pleasure, Grady Sizemore: http://www.mensvogue.com/magazine/articles/2008/10/grady-sizemore

That's all folks... off to Chicago for the long weekend!

No comments: